(Plymouth, MI) Analyze and estimate cost data for bidding of large commercial construction projects (project cost range $500,000 to $12 million) by performing the following:
- Attend pre-bid conferences, job site walk-throughs and other preconstruction activities.
- Prepare complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Prepare RFIs to resolve any information gaps and ambiguities to project scope and specifications.
- Prepare a competitive bid by performing accurate quantity takeoffs from structural and civil drawings.
- Prepare the scope of work/proposals from the detail provided in the drawings and specifications.
- Perform constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues.
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
- Assist in developing a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed estimates of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
- Work with operations staff and other estimators to ensure that general conditions and general requirements items are properly addressed in the estimate.
- Maintain subcontractor database to support bidding process.
- Support Project Manager in project planning, scheduling and coordination.
Minimum of a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management and two years of experience as a Construction Cost Estimator for large commercial construction projects and experience with PlanSwift software required.
Apply to J.S. Vig Construction Company by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.